Wednesday 17 October 2012

Skills I Hope to Develop This Year

I have been talking a lot about my workflow in Photoshop. I hope to drastically improve on this throughout the course of the year. I want to explore working efficiently with layers and layer masks. I also hope to consider custom brushes and applying textures to my images. I will also strive to build on my visual vocabulary and drawing skills, looking at anatomy more in depth whilst also moving away from drawing only human characters. I want to expand on my ability to draw landscapes and environments, and also vehicles and machinery.

Another potential tool I am considering learning is Autodesk 'Mudbox'. I believe the process of sculpting relates more to the methods used when producing concept art. The process seems more expressive than extruding faces and tweaking vertexes:

No comments:

Post a Comment